Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Amusement Park Woes

      We had the occasion to go to 6 Flags Great Escape this past weekend.  The kids had a great time, but it made me realize that we are in sort of an in between stage when it comes to rides, too small for some, but heaven forbid you suggest a baby ride.
     My eldest just hit the 48" mark.  This brought with it the milestone of the first upside down roller coaster.This also meant we were no longer together as a family for the day.  My husband and I took turns taking her on one thrill ride after another, whilst the other took the twins on the kiddie rides.

     My son is not quite 42", which means that there are a great many rides that he is just shy of making the cutoff for, rides that we cold have ridden as a family.  For example the Raging River, which is one of my favorites.  It is one of those few rides we could all five get on together, in one boat, not having to split the numbers awkwardly.

     We did get to go on the Desperado Plunge, but had to split up.  I took the twins, and my husband took my eldest.  While in line, a woman asked as to their age, thinking they were a bit small for the ride.  I assured her they were 4 and 1/2.  She said they are a small 4.  Just what I needed to hear in that moment after watching my son try to stand on tip toes all day long.  My son loved the ride, it was one of the only big rides he got to go on, and he begged to go again.  My yonger daughter was terrified the first go around, but was a good sport and went for a second ride.  My eldest took the opportunity to ride yet another roller coaster.

     We have been talking about the possibility of going to Disney.  I'd like to wait until everyone is tall enough to ride the majority of the rides.  I checked their website, and Space Mountain as well as a few other big attractions are at 44" not 42"!  It may be a while before my son gets there.  I don't want to wish their childhood away, but it would be nice if he would actually get onto the growth curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment