Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Songs for the First Day of Day Camp



We have a town day camp. They pay town's teenagers minimum wage to watch the town's children. The kids get to swim and play on the playground, and run around in the heat till they come home at 2:30 and collapse. It is a beautiful, wonderful thing, and worth every penny of the $250 family maximum for 4 whole weeks of peace. This is the first year that all 3 of my kids will be going, leaving me with an empty house for several hours each day. I'm singing little tunes to myself.


♫I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose my kids, and I think I like it. ♫



(Sung to the tune of Leaving on a Jet Plane)

♫The bags are packed,
And ready to go,
The lunches ready
inside the fridge door.
I can't wait to wake you up to say goodbye.
The dawn is breaking, it's early morn, the minivan is waiting
Dad's blowing his horn.
I'm so happy to finally be alone, I could die.
So kiss me and smile for me, tell me you'll be good for them,
no more holding my leg and not letting go.
Cause you are leaving to go to day camp
I have 6 hours till you all come back again.
Oh yes, you have to go.♫


Or how about this one that speaks their language (sung to the tune from Frozen, no not that one, the other one).



♫For the first time in forever,
There will be quiet, there will be fun,
for the first time in forever,
I will be asked for by no one.

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
Cause for the first time in forever
I will be alone.

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd get to relax
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance

I know it all ends in August,
But at least I have today,
'Cause for the first time in forever
For the first time in forever
No children are in my way!♫



No comments:

Post a Comment